“The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond into the impossible”
Introduction: I am taking this opportunity to speak as the Commonwealth has just started.
Recall, what was the mega event in the Beijing Olympics and who won the most medals? Michael Phelps – more than 7 gold medals. Why most Swimmers are more popular than any other sport – give it a thought.
We do not know who will be the hero in Aquatics this time in Commonwealth – but I am sure – I will be a hero for now as I am giving a training session on Aquatics connected to Project 5.
You will be dazzled to know that I learnt swimming from You tube. It took me almost 6 months to learn swimming. But I continued from there on and never stop.
It’s simple – just to remember – the 1st day you rode a bycycle. You just hop on to it and ride – there is no technique nor book to tell – how to balance. In similar ways – swimming is just jumping into the water and learn by your self.
But if you really want to master the art – I will help you to learn the basics style in swimming.
• Backstroke : its similar like the Freestyle but the only thing here is – you have to swim with your back. Your head should be up – look towards the sky.
• Butterfly (fly) – called the fly. Here, you use your butts as a propulsion to move forward and the hands as a butterfly to pull your body.
• Moves all parts of the body without any strain
• Helps to combat psychological disorders of depression, loneliness and loss of confidence
• It benefits the heart, muscles, lungs, joints and mind.
• After Swimming, you are as hungry as a Dog . You can eat whatever comes your way – but will have to control.
• More than 10 swimming pools in Bangalore
• Public Swimming Pools – 6 Best – Baswangudi, Vijaynagar and Jayanagar.
• Cost is Rs-16, price has not increased since last 7 years (until I was here)
• For Men – 9 slots,,,Ladies – 3
• All swimming pools are in a radius of 10 kms .
• Karnataka Swimming Association promotes new talents and gives membership
• One of best states in India to have the best infrastructure for Swimming
• Hot bed for some of the National / International Swimmers – Rehan Poncha, Nisha Millet
• Lot of local people access to swimming pool – unhygienic
• Find the best time to swim
• TV on weekends , window shopping
As now, in this small session – I have given you the SWOT analysis of Swimming, the swimming styles and story – how it changed my life.
Nothing comes free in today’s world – not even advice. You have to pay for it. Well out here – the Toastmasters has given me ample space to give advice.
Rest it all depends on you – grab this opportunity and take the advantage.
“SWIM FOR LIFE”