Thursday, December 30, 2010

Final Day - NMIMS Exams & Classes

25th December. 2010
As exams was round the corner, could not sleep well. Left late for the NMIMS Library. Since it was Christmas – a Holiday – Library was closed. Managed to get the library open and taken one of the big rooms to do self study.

Well – in 1 day – you cannot manage to pull (study) 2 subjects – Manufacturing & IMC. When I finally managed to check on the notes – it was a task to study. Eventually – I realized – we had six papers to study for. The exams were to be held next day i.e. Sunday – starting from 10 to 1 and 2 to 5. Wow, this was a shock of my life.

As a typical MBA wala – planning comes first, later execution. Started with Brand Management and CRM. I just looked up some sites for notes and was trying to solve last year questions papers.

By 1 – I was able to do some revision. I was not feeling well in between – as I dozed off a couple of times. Had to rush home to take rest. By the time I woke up – it was late evening to realize that I had loads to study. Brushed up once again on the Manufacturing notes, had a quick dinner and dozed off,,,,

26th December, 2010
Well, I had dis big grin on my face – whatever happens today – is history. A final sigh of relief – to hell with classes and exams. Today was the last day of NMIMS exams. No more classes on weekends and exams. No more assignments.

A big day for all those 19 souls who struggled to sacrifice every weekend until 2 years – to study and to attain something in life.

5 semesters, 30 subjects, more than 1000 hours of lectures, case studies, presentation, assignments – all sums to add to our wonderful experience here in NMIMS.

Dinup, Akhiljit, John, Rohit, Jambu, Hussain, Rajiv, Bikram, prem, Anupam, Sujit - NMIMS Terrace

WCM (World Class Manufacturing) As the countdown begun for our 1st exam –Manufacturing,,, we got a shock to see the QP. 2 Questions to be done in 1 hour. And the worst part was – it was last year’s question paper. The last year exam time was 3 hours and ours was just – 1 hour. We finally gave an alarm and got the matter sorted. Quickly browsed the net and referred notes to solve the paper- I really do not know what I wrote but giving the deadlines – had to rush on.

SCM – by the time I was out of the groove of WCM – here comes the 2nd paper – SCM. Another deadline of 1 hour. Once again, rushed to check notes and references. It was over by 12.

TOC – TOC was pretty easy. An objective 40 questions paper. If 1 had revised last year’s QP – this was a cakewalk. But only a few managed to study and we were here – just looking for the correct answer. By the time I got over solving the paper – my mind was completely drained out. I guess – we were in a hurry to finish the exams and the deadlines or it would have been a drag till next year.

Post exams-Anupam, me
A quick lunch with a small photo shoot on the terrace. We rushed for the final leg of the IMC exams. Again – it was CRM, IMC and Brand Management to be done in 3 hours.

CRM – As I referred the notes with some case studies on the net - getting to the right point was just difficult. And to complete the exams in an hour – was much more tasking. Whatever diagram just came up – thought for a moment and said ‘I guess this would be the best fit” – here goes on the answer sheet. I was just jumping to points here n there to make one big lengthy answer paper.

IMC – IMC was a bouncer. The notes were exhaustive. I slowed down a bit here as I wanted to finish this at the end. I switched over to Brand Management to check on the Questions paper. Most of QP was a repetition and fairly easy. So took a good time to study the case study and solve.

Brand Management: did the QP in 30 minutes and I had solved the same in office. As net was accessible here, many looked confused to some of questions sir had asked. “What is the positioning of Zara” – I remember – we would not have any idea on this. As the clock struck 5 – It was a moment that I will never forget – exams finally over and done with MBA.

Out was my camera for some memorable moments to be captured - class, friends and books. We hurried to decide on the venue for some beer session.

We left for Rendezvous in Koramangala. As the beer kept pouring in our mugs, everyone looked relaxed and chilled out. How time passed – no one knew. 2 years studying and managing work was crazy. Some of us recalled the beautiful moments we shared – khasi wala kutta, prem’s entry to the class (as if no one knew), brand management, our 1st encounters with economics, marriages, most eligible bachelors, Sweden experience, beauty salon case study, what were the best and worst subjects ,,,,the session went all till 7 to wind up on the paan session. The joke finally goes like this – since we were busy all these weekends – many of us thought – what will we do now on weekends – well “it will take time for many of us to realize that we finally finished the course”
Jambu,Rohit, Sujit, Rajiv, Bikram, John, Dinup & Arghya - Rendezvous (Bangalore)

A few of our classmates could not make it – as some had exams the next day and some finished the course much earlier.

Well, it was indeed a fantastic hectic memorable day and a wonderful journey.

Pictures : http://picasaweb.google.com/kkrajiv/NMIMSMPE?feat=directlink